Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

SK!N (moisturizers)

Hello!

This will be a Rayne post :P

I'd like to start my makeup posts off with the first thing anyone should consider when it comes to beauty. This is your skin we're talking about.

Your skin is a very complex tissue and should be treated as such!

I'd like to start out by talking about moisturizers so that's what this post will be about!

Your skin, like the rest of your body, needs to stay hydrated to be healthy and beautiful. Even if you think you have oily or hydrated skin, you should consider keeping up its moisture with a product or diet.

First of all DRINK! Water is sooo important for overall health and your skin just loves it! If you get bored of regular water, try healthy water based drinks (vitamin water, crystal lite), your skin should be well hydrated if you drink enough water.

Second thing to think about is moisturizers! Moisturizers are a great way of hydrating the skin and helping it hold onto the moisture it already has. As a swimmer, I know the effects that chlorine, sunlight and other factors have on my skin so I always have some sort of moisturizer near by.

A great way to get the most out of your moisturizer is to pair it with a toner! Mixing the two is a good way to have more benefits happening at once and using less of each is cost effective.

As far as brands go, I lean towards Lush for my moisturizer and toner. The store is a great place to start when looking for products because the workers know their stuff and are eager to help! If you don't live near Lush or don't like their products, I recommend putting research into products you hear about or ask a dermatologist for input.

For my own combination skin that suffers through chlorine and sun damage, I pair the Imperialis moisturizer and Breath of Fresh Air toner (both from Lush). I find the two do a great job of holding in moisture lost from swimming without making my face oily.


For moisturising my body, I use a drugstore version of the Pond's face cream. The cream is simple and clean which is all I need for my poor skin.


When it comes to hydrated skin, everyone is different so don't give up if you don't find the perfect product right away!

That's all for me at the moment!

Much love

Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment