Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

"Band Camp"

This post is both an explanation for my whereabouts for the next week and a slight rant.

This year will be the eighth year that I attend Algoma Music Camp. It's this awesome camp for musicians. The kind of people you find there vary from beginner juniors to advanced and experienced seniors to bitty little prodigies (sigh). The reason I continue to go back there is because I love the fact that it is a small little chunk of summer where I am surrounded by crazy talented kids that think just like me. The fact that we're all musicians (usually really good ones) makes for random jam sessions and improve and a lot of other amazing things that you won't find anywhere else.

When I say I am headed to "Band Camp" for the next while, I tend to hear something that eventually references American Pie: Band Camp...

This camp is so much better.

First off, it's not just band that we do. We have a string orchestra, a full orchestra, a band, a choir, ensembles and soloists for almost every instrument. There's also a ballet group that comes from Louisiana!

We do NOT march either..

Well not really :P

This camp is one of those places where I go to have a break from reality. It's also where I met an amazing friend of mine from Chicago! Sarah!
Us with the hilarious guitar teacher :P


My awesome camp friends and I with a Finnish version of Justin bieber

the group of us dressed up for faculty concert!


Camp is an awesome place that I hope will stay around for a very long time!


Much love,

Rayne

P.S.

If you're interested in this camp, just email or find me to ask about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment