Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

How can you be a fan?!?!?!

I constantly find myself telling someone that I am a fan of some musician or makeup artist or whatever just to be asked about how much I know about their life.

I don't care about their life.

If I am a fan of the music someone makes then their music is probably all I give a crap about.

Take The Beatles...

I like their music.

I do not own every song they ever put out.

I don't know everything they have made.

I don't care who they married or went to school with or who wrote what or what instrument is secretly hidden in what track at what EXACT second...

Nope.

Can't say I do..

But in my personal opinion, that doesn't matter. I like their music because it sounds good to me. Why should I research all their background unless that is what I find interesting!?



I don't think owning a shirt like this means I am prepared for random Beatles trivia at any given time..

This whole paradox of who knows more about who really doesn't make sense in my humble opinion..

I don't think artists put out their music so people can memorise their biography. I think artists put out their music because they want people to like it..

Make sense?

Much love,

Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment